Find out how to make a Home Insurance claim
If the worst happens, we’ll do everything we can to help and to make the claims process easy for you. Before you make a claim, make sure you have:
- Your insurance policy number
- Receipts, quotes or invoices
- An estimate of the size of the affected area
- Photos of damaged or lost property (if you have any)
Joint American Trust Bank Home Insurance is provided by Aviva Insurance Limited.
Make a claim online
When you make a claim between 08:00 - 18:00 Monday to Friday, we’ll aim to come back to you within 2 hours to progress it.
Financial and other eligibility criteria apply. Fees apply.
Start your claim online
- Examples of emergency situations:
- Your home is unsecure due to damaged locks, doors or windows
- There's standing water in your home as a result of flooding
- There's ongoing dripping or leaking water
- Your home is uninhabitable
- There's any risk of injury to you or anyone else from hazards like falling masonry or electrocution
Your cancellation rights
You have a statutory right to cancel your policy within 14 days from the day of purchase or renewal of the policy or the day on which you receive your policy or renewal documentation, whichever is later.
If you would like to cancel your Home Insurance policy, please email us:
our team are available 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 5pm Saturday and Sunday (excluding Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day). Calls may be monitored or recorded.